Why do we pay money for frozen water cubes?
Originally published here: buraksu.com
Every consumer who has a chance to read this article can reach clean water. I’m sure these consumers also have a refrigerator. To freeze an ice cube in the fridge is an easy process. You put some water in an ice tray and left it in the freezer. Ta-da! You have lots of ice cubes!
Why do we pay money for ice cubes on markets if it is easy and cheap?
The answer is somewhat tricky. We must first understand the “value proposition” of a product.
According to Wikipedia, a value proposition is a promise of value to be delivered, communicated, and acknowledged. It is also a belief from the customer about how value will be delivered, experienced, and acquired. It is a prospectus of a company that gives the customer the reason to choose their product or service.
The functionality of commercial ice cubes doesn’t change too much. They are nearly the same as homemade ice cubes. An ice cube is an ice cube. It colds your drink. The same functionality for all. If they are the same, why do we pay extra money? It looks that commercial ice cubes have more value than homemade ones.
What are these other values?
- Time saver: You don’t have to wait for four to six-hour to have ice.
- Productivity: It is easy to maintain your freezer. You don’t have to allocate massive space for ice cubes. If you need extra ice, you can outsource it.
- Ready to use: No ice tray struggle. Open a bag. It is ready to serve.
- Quantity: If you have a party, you probably need ice more than your refrigerator capacity. Do you like to go fishing? Do you have enough ice for your fish box?
- Reach: You can’t carry your homemade ice everywhere. I’m sure it will melt down until you reach the lakeside. Then, you have to refill your ice box. There are a lot of ice cubes on the markets. It is easy to buy instead of going back home.
- Increase anxiety: When shopping for a planned dinner or event in your home, you don’t have to fear that you have any ice left. Instead, you can buy one for your anxiety.
Every product has competitors. The best way to market your product is to understand its fundamental value propositions. Finding your product’s value is the point marketing strategy starts. If you invest in the values and benefits of your brand, I’m sure you will sell more and more. These value areas are also crucial for differentiating from other brands. Being a brand is differentiation from competitors. Every startup, product manager, or marketer must understand the concept of branding and find ways to change the perception of its products.
Please subscribe if you like what you read and want to read more. Be part of the community of marketers, entrepreneurs, product owners, and advertisers. If you believe in our mission of changing the world with marketing, please share this with others who can be part of our small community:”Let’s make marketing great again.”